Indian Railway is the fourth largest railway network in the world. Before appearing for the examination, Aspirants must be aware of the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Group D syllabus. The Group D staff of Indian Railways is selected through a qualifying examination conducted by the RRB. It is an online, computer-based test (CBT) with multiple choice questions (MCQs) worth 100 marks. Aspirants must take mock tests and collect information on the RRB Group D before the examination to be completely prepared.
The RRB Group D 2022 Level 1 includes the following subjects:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Science
- General Awareness and Current Affairs
General Awareness and Current Affairs
The aspirants of RRB Group D need to prepare for General Awareness and Current Affairs from the beginning. This section will include 20 questions carrying one mark each. It tests the aspirants’ knowledge about India and the rest of the world. An RRB Group D candidate must know what is happening in their home country and the rest of the world.
RRB Group D syllabus for General Awareness and Current Affairs includes:
- Science and Technology
- Politics and other vital subjects
The RRB Group D topics for General Awareness and Current Affairs, according to the subject and syllabus, include:
- Current Affairs: Art and Culture, Awards and Honors, Business and Economy, Books and Authors, Committees and Recommendations, National Affairs, People in News, Places in News, Defense News, Days and Events, Government Policies and Schemes, Sports, Capitals and Currencies, Appointments and Resignations.
- Geography: Indian Geography (National Park and Sanctuaries, Wildlife Sanctuaries, etc.)
- History: Indian Freedom Struggle, Ancient History, Medieval History, Post Independence History.
- Politics: Constitution of India, Government Portfolios, etc.
- Economics: Indian Economy, Economic Organizations, World Economy, Business, Economic Theory, Economic Reforms.
- Miscellaneous Topics: Art and Culture, Awards and Honors, Places in News, Books and Authors, Committees and Recommendation, Sports, Environment, Banking Awareness, Science and Technology, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies.
Candidates can start their preparation for the RRB Group D General Awareness section by following the tips given below:
- Go through the current affairs of the last six months daily: Candidates must go through the daily newspapers or watch news channels to stay updated with the current affairs of the last six months. It will help them in answering the questions from this section quickly.
- Go through static GK: Candidates must revise static GK regularly as it will help solve the questions from this section quickly.
- Take mock tests: Candidates can identify their strong and weak areas. Mock tests will help them to focus more on their weak areas and score well in the RRB Group D exam.
- Analyse the previous year’s question papers: Candidates must analyse the previous year’s questions to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the RRB Group D exam. It will help them to be better prepared for the exam.
- Be aware of the latest news and events: Candidates must be aware of the latest news and events. It will help them to answer the questions from this section quickly.
To prepare for the RRB Group D 2022 examination, one needs to keep gathering information regarding current affairs and practicing mock tests. Candidates need to look through sample papers and previous year’s question papers and refer to the type of questions asked in the RRB Group D 2022 examination. There is a negative marking of 1/3 for every wrong answer, so extra attention and concentration is required. Aspirants need to be thorough with the RRB Group D topics.
They can take examples and advice from the candidates who cleared RRB Group D in the past years. They can help aspirants by providing them with tips and tricks to prepare and score the highest marks in RRB Group D 2022. The candidates who clear the RRB Group D examination get placed in the Indian Railways with great salary packages and many other special perks and benefits.